Monday, January 5, 2009

My Bloody Valentine 3D: Point away from face


My Bloody Valentine 3D: Trailer1 @ Apple Trailers

Ok so the tagline of My Blood Valentine 3D, hereafter, MBV3D, is "Nothing says date movie, like a 3D ride to hell." Do you think they mean, like, first date-wanna-makeout? Or more like fifth date-this is going nowhere-let's stop? I really can't tell from the trailer. Oh well I guess we'll just have to go with the sure bet and watch Punisher: War Zone.

Apparently there's a very pissed off miner running around pick-axing people to death in the local small town that happens to be populated by lots of scantily clad women running around and all on Valentine's Day too! Might the killer be one of the old miners exacting revenge on the townspeople for a horrific accident of yore? The hell you say! But wait it's in 3D! Sadly, while it may enhance the effect of blood flying at the screen or the odd shot of cleavage, the addition of a dimension does not look set to improve the acting or production quality of MBV3D.

I think it's safe to say that removing your 3D glasses during a showing of MBV3D may cause brain damage as the 3D effects of the movie will no longer be able to shield you from its true stupidity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to see it in 3D if you have the option. The kill scenes are all made for 3D, and there's a lot of them.

Watchman: said...

I guess I need to, especially after failing so miserably in my prediction! :D