Monday, December 15, 2008

First Batch of Results! I can has previctions now?

Results for you today now that I actually have a bunch of predictions to go back and check! I took the scores for the movies from today's totals.

In the future i'll try and do this weekly so that any movies released the previous week/weekend will have score comparisons consistently after their release week. Here we go, presented to you in full color Excel:








Overall, not a terrible set of results. I'm giving myself a 5 point +/- margin of error; that only leaves me with a 1 out of 7 result so far. That 10 point band may be a little ambitious since I doubt that i'm ever going to be that accurate. On a Good/Bad scale (good = 50-100 bad = 0-49) i'm 6 out of 7 though! Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

So for the sake of keeping it interesting i'll do a "Out of 5" scale from now on. 0-19, 20-39, 40-59, 60-79, 80-100.

'Punisher: WZ' was almost dead on for the RottenTomatoes-MetaCritic Average. I was surprised by my misreading of 'The Reader' as well as for 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'. Note to self: next time take off more points for Keanu Reeves factor. I was very surprised by the Delgo score, apparently it was even worse than I thought. Gran Torino was another interesting turn around with a lot of people loving Eastwood's geriatric, curmudgeoney-ness. Well that just teaches me never to bet against Dirty Harry because remember, it's never, ever your lucky day. Punk.

No comments: